|Established Year||: 1940|
|Address||: Arimpoor P. O Veluthur Thrissur (Dt)|
|Phone||: 0487 2360106|
The Efficiency of Rev. Fr. Devassy Brahmakulam paved the way for the foundation of St.Gemma's Convent at Arimpur which is one of the oldest Catholic churches in Thrissur Diocese. Fr. Devassy realized the fact that in order to make his people more cultured a school and convent is necessary in his parish.Though he approached the Clarist superiors for this purpose, they were not in a position to do that because of economic difficulties. So with the help of his parishioners, Fr. Devassy found a rented house for sisters. On 2nd June 1940, Thrissur Bishop Mar Francis Vazhappilly blessed that house and named it as St. Gemma's. The next day itself sisters began their new school in a shed and to teach there. But a storm destroyed the roof of that shed and sisters built another shed for that. In 1941 Dec 3rd the new building for the convent and school were blessed and inaugurated by Bishop Mar. Francis Vazhappilly. Arimpur St. Gemma's convent celebrated it's Golden Jubilee in 1990. In the beginning, L.P. section of the school was along with Manakody convent. Later it was clubbed to St. Gemma's school. Sisters are working in the field of teaching,parish ministry and Sunday catechism, house visiting etc. No one can forget the role of sisters in the faith formation of Arimpur parish.